The Twitter Top Ten
Twitter will be releasing the third quarter 2017 results on October 26, 2017. We will update our report as soon as these numbers are updated. Register above to be notified of the updated information as soon as it is released.
- Twitter Monthly Active Users (MAU) Worldwide: 330 million Q3 2017 an increase of over 4 million quarter-over-quarter. Some of this may be due to new technology improvements. According to Twitter, “In Q1, we further refined the timeline to display a broader set of Tweets from a person’s network and applied deep learning models to show the most relevant
Tweets first.” (source: Twitter – http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-2F526X/5225764351x0x951002/FCE28680-E74E-4349-A11C-4B86BBABFB26/Q217_Selected_Company_Metrics_and_Financials.pdf)
- Twitter has increased their year over year Daily Active Users (DAU) by 14 percent year-over-year marking the fourth consecutive quarter of accelerating growth (source: Twitter)
- Twitter Monthly Active Users (MAU) United States 69 million Q3 2017 (source: Twitter)
- Twitter Monthly Active Users (MAU) International is 261 million Q3 2017 which is an eleven million increase in MAUs over the previous year. (source: Twitter)
- Daily Active User (DAU) year over year growth has increased 14 percent for Q3 2017 (source: Twitter) compared to a 12 percent increase (year over year for Q2 2017)
- Advertising cost-per-engagement (year over year) for Twitter has decreased by 54 percent for Q4 2017 (source: Twitter – http://bit.ly/2z8V1V0)
- Twitter ad engagements for 2017 was 99% percent higher than it was for the previous year (source: Twitter – http://bit.ly/2z8V1V0)
- Most popular Tweet of 2016 – The word, which is Spanish for “lemonade,” was Retweeted more than 1.3 million times by the Spanish gamer elrubius who promised prizes to those who retweeted him. The next most popular was from Harry Styles who quoted a lyric from his ex-girlfriend Taylor Swift on his birthday “I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 22.”
- According to eMarketer nearly 66 percent of the businesses who have 100 or more employees have a Twitter account and expect it to rise through 2017.
- Two most popular Twitter accounts (@katyperry and @justinbieber) who collectively have over 189.5 million followers (96.7 million – Perry and 92.8 million – Bieber) followers.
- Extra Stat: Top Twitter trend to watch – keep an eye on the following brands: @jetblue who prides themselves about always being about people and that social media needs to be a reflection of the corporate culture. @MLBGifs and @MLBStatofTheDay show how even a large and highly fragmented brand can effectively leverage social media.
About Dan Noyes
Dan started his advertising and public relations career in Washington, DC with Ketchum, part of the Omnicom Group, before moving into digital marketing in the mid-1990s with a number of emerging growth companies around the world. Wanting to make a deeper commitment to a foundation of client-first and embodying a Whatever It Takes approach, Dan started Zephoria in early 2002 with a focus on search engine optimization, SEO friendly web development strategies, and eventually social media marketing. Dan consults with a number of large national brands including Rubbermaid, Bosch, Georgetown University, and a number of other highly recognized brands. Click here to connect with Dan.
To learn more about Twitter statistics you’ll love the information from Twitter themselves (https://investor.twitterinc.com/common/download/download.cfm?companyid=AMDA-2F526X&fileid=961125&filekey=EB20419D-CCD5-4A07-9F2A-236605AE1C3C&filename=2017_Q3_Earnings_Slides.pdf)