Twitter Top 10 Statistics
Twitter released the fourth quarter and year-end 2017 results on February 8, 2018. Register above to be notified of updated information as soon as it is released.
- Twitter Monthly Active Users (MAU) Worldwide: 330 million Q4 2017. The third and fourth quarter numbers remained the same, how it does represent an increase of over 4 million quarter-over-quarter for the second quarter of 2017. Some of this may be due to new technology improvements. According to Twitter, “In Q1, we further refined the timeline to display a broader set of Tweets from a person’s network and applied deep learning models to show the most relevant
Tweets first.” (source: Twitter – http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-2F526X/5225764351x0x951002/FCE28680-E74E-4349-A11C-4B86BBABFB26/Q217_Selected_Company_Metrics_and_Financials.pdf)
- Twitter has increased their year over year Daily Active Users (DAU) by 12 percent year-over-year marking the fourth consecutive quarter of accelerating growth (source: Twitter)
- Twitter Monthly Active Users (MAU) United States 68 million Q4 2017 (source: Twitter). This is a slight decrease from the previous quarter.
- Twitter Monthly Active Users (MAU) International is 262 million Q4 2017 which is an eleven million increase in MAUs over the previous year. (source: Twitter)
- Daily Active User (DAU) year over year growth has increased 12 percent for Q4 2017 (source: Twitter) compared to an 11 percent increase for 2016 Q4.
- Advertising cost-per-engagement (year over year) for Twitter has decreased by 54 percent for Q4 2017 (source: Twitter – http://bit.ly/2z8V1V0)
- Twitter ad engagements for 2017 was 99% percent higher than it was for the previous year (source: Twitter – http://bit.ly/2z8V1V0)
- Most popular Tweet of 2017 – The honor goes to Carter Wilkerson, the Nevada teen who asked Wendy’s for a year’s supply of chicken nuggets. Carter’s tweet was shared an amazing 3.6 million times and is now the most retweeted post ever.
- According to eMarketer nearly 66 percent of the businesses who have 100 or more employees have a Twitter account and expect it to rise into 2018.
- Two most popular Twitter accounts (@katyperry and @justinbieber) who collectively have over 213 million followers (108 million – Perry and 105 million – Bieber) followers.
- Extra Stat: Top Twitter trend to watch – keep an eye on the following brands: @jetblue who prides themselves about always being about people and that social media needs to be a reflection of the corporate culture. We also can’t say enough about our favorite brand, @Disney
About Dan Noyes
Dan started his advertising and public relations career in Washington, DC with Ketchum, part of the Omnicom Group, before moving into digital marketing in the mid-1990s with a number of emerging growth companies around the world. Wanting to make a deeper commitment to a foundation of client-first and embodying a Whatever It Takes approach, Dan started Zephoria in early 2002 with a focus on search engine optimization, SEO friendly web development strategies, and eventually social media marketing. Dan consults with a number of large national brands including Rubbermaid, Bosch, Georgetown University, and a number of other highly recognized brands. Click here to connect with Dan.
To learn more about Twitter statistics you’ll love the information from Twitter themselves (http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-2F526X/6015273261x0x970886/28A12845-4E0D-4F74-B82D-077241BCD7FE/Q4_2017_Selected_Company_Metrics_and_Financials.pdf)