The Top 10 Valuable Snapchat Statistics – Updated April 2017
Snapchat’s growth is simply astounding as is its revenue. Despite the current stock analysis, there is no denying that Snapchat is a force that every digital marketer now needs to consider.
Snapchat Statistics for April 2017
- Usage: 161 million daily active users (DAU) in the December quarter (69 million daily active users in the United States and Canada).
- European daily active users (DAU) is 53 million daily active users.
- Average revenue per user: $1.05 in the December quarter ($2.15 in North America)
- Time spent: 25 to 30 minutes a day
- Snapchat Employee head count: 1,859 employees although LinkedIn includes 1,437
- The majority of Snapchat users are 18-34 years old . This demographic may be less brand loyal and more likely to follow trends than other demographics. Snapchat also may have a challenge in penetrating other older demographics.
- Users 25 and older visited Snapchat approximately 12 times and spent approximately 20 minutes on Snapchat every day on average in the quarter ended December 31, 2016
- Users younger than 25 visited Snapchat over 20 times and spent over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day on average during the same period.
- Since Snapchat skews to a younger audience it is vital that we consider the implications for what social media means to centennials. The modern implications of social media on young people was driven home when we saw in the CNN 2015 documentary that eighth graders were checking social media 100 times a day. With that in mind, Centennials view social media as a virtual platform for building a sense of greater community. (Source: The Futures Company)
- 68 percent of Centennials agree that “technology has made us feel more connected to each other”
- 64 percent of Centennials say that they feel they like to keep up with what is going on in the world and social media is one of the chief ways of staying connected.
- 59 percent of Centennials could use the statement “high tech is so much a part of our lives” to describe their generation.
Source for all other data points: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1564408/000119312517029199/d270216ds1.htm
To stay up on the most pressing social media insights, including those coming from Snapchat please subscribe below or contact Dan Noyes at (585) 230-9565 to discuss your current digital marketing projects.