Snapchat’s growth is simply astounding as is its revenue and we had to expand our list to more than 10 incredible stats to consider. There is no denying that Snapchat is a force that every digital marketer now needs to consider.
Snapchat Statistics for Q2 2019 based upon IR press release from 7/23/2019
- Usage: Daily Active Users increased 8% year-over-year to 203 million daily active users (DAU) for Q2 2019. There were 190 million daily active users (DAU) in Q1 2019 and 188 million in Q2 2018.
- Snapchat added 13 million Daily Active Users in the second quarter of 2019.
- Average number of Daily Snaps: 3.5 billion – According to Snap Inc, “The average number of Snaps created every day grew to more than 3.5 billion in Q2 2019.” (https://investor.snap.com/news-releases/2019/07-23-2019-211107490)
- As of March 2019, Snapchat reached 90 percent of all 13-24 year-olds and 75 percent of all 13-34-year-olds in the U.S. This demographic may be less brand loyal and more likely to follow trends than other demographics. Snapchat also may have a challenge in penetrating other older demographics.
- DAUs were up sequentially and year-over-year in each of North America, Europe, and Rest of World.
- Average revenue per user or ARPU increased by 37% to $1.91 in Q2 2019 compared to $1.40 in Q1 2018
- Second-quarter revenue increased 48% to $388 million which reflects year over year revenue growth. This accelerated from 39% growth in the previous quarter and from 36% in the prior quarter to that.
- Average time spent on Snapchat: approximately 25 to 30 minutes a day
- Snapchat Employee headcount: 2,884 employees based upon public data
- According to Snapchat, Snapchatters use their app over 20 times per day and spend an average of 30 minutes on the app creating over 3.5 BILLION Snaps daily (Source: https://forbusiness.snapchat.com/)
- The Snapchat audience watching content on Discover every day has grown over 35% year-over-year.
- Total daily time spent by Snapchatters watching Discover increased by over 60% year-over-year.
- Archive Data: Users 25 and older visited Snapchat approximately 12 times and spent approximately 20 minutes on Snapchat every day on average in the quarter ended December 31, 2016. Users younger than 25 visited Snapchat over 20 times and spent over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day on average during the same period.
- Archive Data: Since Snapchat skews to a younger audience it is vital that we consider the implications for what social media means to centennials. The modern implications of social media on young people was driven home when we saw in the CNN 2015 documentary that eighth-graders were checking social media 100 times a day. With that in mind, Centennials view social media as a virtual platform for building a sense of greater community. (Source: The Futures Company)
- 68 percent of Centennials agree that “technology has made us feel more connected to each other”
- 64 percent of Centennials say that they feel they like to keep up with what is going on in the world and social media is one of the chief ways of staying connected.
- 59 percent of Centennials could use the statement “high tech is so much a part of our lives” to describe their generation.
Source for key data points: https://investor.snap.com/news-releases/2019/07-23-2019-211107490
You can access the full Snap insights at https://investor.snap.com/company-profile
To stay up on the most pressing social media insights, including those coming from Snapchat please subscribe below or contact Dan Noyes at (585) 230-9565 to discuss your current digital marketing projects.