Snapchat’s growth is simply astounding as is its revenue and we had to expand our list to more than 10 incredible stats to consider. There is no denying that Snapchat is a force that every digital marketer now needs to consider.
Snapchat Statistics for November 2018 based upon 10-Q Report from 10/26/2018
- Usage: 186 million daily active users (DAU) in Q3 2018 quarter (178 million daily active users for Q3 2017) which was a 5 percent growth year-over-year.
- European daily active users (DAU) is 59 million daily active users whereas North American DAU was 79 million for Q3 18
- Average revenue per user or ARPU increased by 37% to $1.60 in Q3 2018 compared to $1.17 in Q3 2017
- Average time spent on Snapchat: approximately 25 to 30 minutes a day
- Snapchat Employee head count: 3,812 employees based upon public data reported on LinkedIn for 11/28/19
- The majority of Snapchat users are 18-34 years old with roughly 71% of Snapchat users being under the age of 34. This demographic may be less brand loyal and more likely to follow trends than other demographics. Snapchat also may have a challenge in penetrating other older demographics.
- According to Snapchat, Snapchatters use their app over 20 times per day and spend an average of 30 minutes on the app creating over 3 BILLION Snaps daily (Source: https://forbusiness.snapchat.com/)
- Users 25 and older visited Snapchat approximately 12 times and spent approximately 20 minutes on Snapchat every day on average in the quarter ended December 31, 2016
- Users younger than 25 visited Snapchat over 20 times and spent over 30 minutes on Snapchat every day on average during the same period.
- Since Snapchat skews to a younger audience it is vital that we consider the implications for what social media means to centennials. The modern implications of social media on young people was driven home when we saw in the CNN 2015 documentary that eighth graders were checking social media 100 times a day. With that in mind, Centennials view social media as a virtual platform for building a sense of greater community. (Source: The Futures Company)
- 68 percent of Centennials agree that “technology has made us feel more connected to each other”
- 64 percent of Centennials say that they feel they like to keep up with what is going on in the world and social media is one of the chief ways of staying connected.
- 59 percent of Centennials could use the statement “high tech is so much a part of our lives” to describe their generation.
Source for key data points: https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/us/snap_inc/SEC/sec-show.aspx?Type=page&FilingId=13023848-19685-169244&CIK=0001564408&Index=11000
You can access the full Snap insights at https://investor.snap.com/company-profile
To stay up on the most pressing social media insights, including those coming from Snapchat please subscribe below or contact Dan Noyes at (585) 230-9565 to discuss your current digital marketing projects.